To all of our highly valued patients,
As we continue to face uncertainty as a community due to COVID-19 and the social distancing guidelines, our team at Powell & Udrys has taken many steps to ensure your safety as we prepare to resume practice. We want you to know that we are here for you! We have detailed some changes below that we want you to be aware of prior to any appointments!
Prescribing / Health Monitoring of Patients and Staff:
- Prior to your appointment our office will contact you to pre-screen for symptoms of COVID-19. You will be asked the same questions again when you arrive to the office.
- We will not be treating anyone with fever, cough, or any other symptoms of respiratory illness.
- Patients that fall into a higher risk category during the COVID-19 pandemic will receive a text/call prior to confirming their appointments for an additional screening. This will include patients age 65 and above and patients with significant medical conditions.
- You must bring and wear your own mask/face covering when you enter the office. Please bring a small Ziploc bag/purse to store your mask during treatment.
- You will be asked to wait in your car and call the office to let us know that you have arrived. In order to complete all the additional safety precautions we request that you arrive at least 10 minutes early to your appointment.
- We will take your temperature prior to entering the office and escort you in for your appointment.
- ONLY the patient being treated will be permitted to enter the office for their appointment.
- Once escorted back to the operatory, you will need to wash your hands at the sink with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Staff members will also undergo daily health screening.
- Staff members will also be asked to stay home if they are experiencing any fever or respiratory illness.
- Due to additional personal protective equipment measures, the office will be heavily air conditioned. Please dress appropriately or in layers if you may get cold. We will not be offering patient blankets during procedures at this time.
Practice Social Distancing Measures:
- Pre-appointment and consent forms will be sent electronically to be completed prior to your appointment and reduce use of paper forms within the office.
- Patients will wait in their cars and be notified by cell phone when they can safely enter the building and be escorted into their treatment room.
- We will do our best to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the office at one time.
- Express check out is available with text-to-pay in order to expedite your departure and limit personal contact.
Enhancements to Treatment:
- We will ask you at the beginning of treatment to complete a pre-procedural mouth rinse.
- Between all patients we will be sanitizing the room with the highest grade disinfecting wipes to be used on all surfaces, followed by placement of barriers.
- All dentists, dental hygienists, and dental assistants will be wearing additional personal protective equipment including masks, face shields, isolation gowns/jackets, and gloves during treatment.
- Plexiglass barriers have been placed at the front desk as an additional protection between patients and front desk staff.
- All common spaces will be regularly disinfected.
- We have been using isolite devices to reduce aerosol spray during high aerosol generating procedures and will continue to have these available for such procedures.
- We have ordered Medical Grade UV-C Sterilization lamps for the treatment rooms to further help with disinfection.
Please keep an eye out for emails and regularly check our Facebook page and website as we continue to provide further information and important details for upcoming appointments. We are very excited to see everyone again soon!