Dentist in Saline, MI
The brief descriptions below are designed to familiarize you with our staff's training, professional credentials and work experience.
- University of Michigan, School of Dentistry 1988-1992
- Attained the highest scholastic record in the dental class of 1992
Honors and Scholarships
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon - National Honor Society in Dentistry
- Alpha Omega Scholarship Award
- George R. Moore Memorial Award in Orthodontics
- Louis C. Schultz Award in Operative Rehabilitation
- R.F. Sommer Study Club Award in Endodontics
- Max B. Winslow Award in Periodontics
- William S. Kramer Award of Excellence
- Donald A. Kerr Award in Oral Pathology
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry Program: July 1992-1993
- This residency enabled Dr. Powell to gain valuable experience by working with many specialists on complex cases.
Dr. Powell began practicing dentistry in Saline in 1993. She loves working with great patients, getting to know them as well as their extended families. Dr. Powell enjoys all aspects of dentistry and is grateful to work with such a good dental team, in a wonderful location.
Dr. Powell is happily married to her husband, Harlond, who is very supportive and helpful in managing their home life. They have two terrific children, Kristen and Tyler. She loves spending time with them and going to their sporting events. She also has two golden retrievers, Sandy and Amber, and a cat, Scampers.
Dr. Powell enjoys continuing her dental education and making a difference in patient's smiles. She feels very fortunate to be involved in a constantly changing profession. During the last few years, our practice (and profession) has been able to make incredible changes through extreme makeover cosmetic dentistry, which is rewarding for the patients and dentists alike. Changing appearances can create new found confidence in all aspects of patient's lives. Seeing the difference in an individual's self-esteem is what it's all about!
- University of Michigan B.S. Biology 1989-1993
- University of Michigan School of Dentistry (DDS) 1993-1997
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD) 1997-1998 Ft. Carson, -Colorado Springs, Colorado. Dr. Udrys obtained advanced training and experience in specialty fields within dentistry: Endodontics, Oral Surgery, Periodontics, and Prosthetics. He graduated the program with high honors.
- Comprehensive Care Award for 4th year Dental Students (1997).
- U.S. Army Achievement Medal (AAM) for the presentation of a table clinic at the Colorado Dental Society (1997).
- Honorable Discharge US Army, April 2000.
- American Dental Association
- Michigan Dental Association
- Washtenaw District Dental Society
- Saline Area Chamber of Commerce
Dr. Udrys also stays current in the field of dentistry by attending continuing education courses in topics such as implant dentistry, esthetic dentistry, radiology, and occlusion. He enjoys using the latest techniques and technology to educate patients regarding their oral health. Dr. Udrys relishes the times when he can relieve a patient's discomfort, improve someone's ability to chew or enable a patient to smile proudly for the first time in years!!!
In his spare time, Dr. Udrys enjoys spending time with his two daughters, Annika (born in 2000) and Nora (born in 2001). Dr. Udrys enjoys running, biking, traveling and attending sporting events.
- University of Michigan B.S. Biology 2011-2014
- University of Maryland School of Dentistry 2015-2019
- Attained the highest scholastic record in the dental class of 2019
Honors and Scholarships
- Summa Cum Laude- University of Maryland School of Dentistry Class of 2019
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon – National Honor Society in Dentistry
- Gorgas Odontological Honorary Society
- Gamma Pi Delta Prosthodontic Honor Society – 2018
- James R. Swancar, DDS Memorial Scholarship Endowment
- Gaylord Fund Award
- Russell Gigliotti Memorial Award
- Haskin Student Loan Award
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clerkship 2018-2019 – University of Maryland School of Dentistry
Dr. Kristen Powell grew up in Saline, Michigan and has been looking forward to returning to the community to practice dentistry with her mother. Dr. Powell is excited to build lasting relationships with patients and their extended families. She promises to practice with honesty and compassion and provide excellent quality care while learning each individual’s needs. Saline has a special place in Dr. Powell’s heart as her hometown and she is excited to contribute and giveback to the area.
Dr. Powell developed a passion for dentistry through observing at the office and the countless stories and experiences of friends and family that inspired her to join the field. She is eager to bring new energy, innovative ideas, and technology advancements to the office. Dentistry has an incredible opportunity to change lives through changing smiles and Dr. Powell is thrilled to help patients achieve these goals.
Outside of the office, Dr. Powell enjoys spending time with her family and cat, Teddy, as well as traveling, exploring photography, and running. Dr. Powell is motivated to advance her learning with continuing education courses and further participation in dental mission trips. Dr. Powell is delighted to bring her enthusiasm for dentistry to the practice and work with an amazing group of patients to educate, facilitate, and improve overall health and smiles.
Jacqueline Coleman, DDS
- University of Michigan School of Dentistry (DDS) 2001-2005
- Michigan Dental Association, ASDA, Special Committee Representative
- Michigan Dental School Class Representative
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon, National Honor Society in Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Michigan Dental Association
- Washtenaw District Dental Society
After graduating from the University of Michigan Dental School, Dr. Coleman began her career practicing cosmetic dentistry in downtown Chicago and then the suburbs of Maryland. She worked in practices that implemented the latest dental technology. Dr. Coleman earned a reputation in her community for her gentle touch, ability to put patients at ease, and quality dental care. She is very active in dental education and enjoys participating in meetings in order to stay current in the latest dental advancements. After six very rewarding years of building close relationships with patients and their families, Dr. Coleman and her husband decided to move back to the area they love to continue her career. She is happily married to her husband, Mike, and has three wonderful sons, Michael, Caleb and Camden.
Bethany - Dental Assistant
Beth is a Dental Assistant graduate from Ferris State University. She has worked at our office for over 25 years. She enjoys working with the many friendly patients.
Beth is married to Steve and they have been blessed with two grown sons, Nicholas and Nathan (wife – Aubrey) and their eleven-month-old son, Tyler. Her hobbies include spending time with family and friends, kayaking and biking.
Cherie - Dental Assistant
Cherie graduated from Ferris State University in 1980 as a Registered Dental Assistant. She moved to the Saline area in 1992 with her husband Dave, son (Mike), and daughter (Allison). Cherie's children are both Saline High School graduates, presently attending college.
Cherie is an avid boater and water skier, spending many summer weekends on nearby lakes. She also enjoys snow skiing, sewing and reading.
Karen - Dental Hygienist
Karen Kendall graduated with an Associate’s degree in Dental Hygiene from Ferris State University in 1978. She attained a BS in Education in 1979. Karen is married to Dave Kendall, who also graduated from FSU with a marketing degree in Professional Golf Management. Dave owns Kendall Academy of Golf and in 2015, Dave was inducted into the Michigan Golf Hall of Fame. Their adult sons are Bob and Scott. Bob, a finance major with a CFA, is Vice President of finance for UHY. Scott majored in Bass Performance, has returned to MI and performs with many bands, along with teaching at Ann Arbor Music Center, writing music and working as Assistant Director of the Saline Fiddlers.
Karen enjoys gardening, golfing, skiing, music, MI football games, cooking, swimming, cycling and she especially enjoys spending time with family and friends.
Kathy - Dental Assistant
Kathy has been a dental assistant with Powell and Udrys for 17 years. She truly enjoys the patients, the camaraderie with fellow staff members, and working with Exceptional Dentists! She loves baking, gardening, and reading. She and her husband John are happily married for 30 years. They have three children who were raised in Saline. Their oldest, John, got his undergraduate degree at the University of Michigan and a law degree from University of Detroit Mercy School of Law. He is a Consultant at Marsh & McLennan. Michelle graduated from Michigan State University and is a Portfolio Revenue Manager for InterContinental Hotel Group. Patrick graduated from MSU and is a Financial Analyst for The Michigan Department of Treasury. Kathy is glad all three of her children live in Michigan!
Laurie - Dental Hygienist
Laurie is originally from New York State. She has 3 adult children. Her daughter is in Florida with her family and 2 grandchildren. One son is in upstate NY and her other son is a Navy Veteran in CA. Also one stepson and 1 granddaughter here in Michigan.
Laurie has worked in private practice in NY, Army Dentac at Fort Drum, NY and has worked in our since then. Quilting-long arm is her passion. She enjoys outdoors, gardening, and refurnishing furniture.
Lisa - Dental Hygienist
Lisa A. has been with our office since graduating from the University of Michigan with a Bachelor's degree in Dental Hygiene in 1997. She grew up in Saline and graduated from Saline High School. Lisa is Married to Jeff. They reside in Clinton with their two boys, Creed and Ridge. She enjoys reading, cooking and attending her children's sporting events.
Angie - Dental Hygienist
Angie has been with our office since 2011. She has a passion for learning, keeping up with the latest in dentistry, and building trusting relationships with her patients. She loves being able to ease a patient's fears and helping them feel comfortable in her chair.
Angie currently resides in South Lyon with her husband Jim and their teenage stepdaughters Ashley and Anna. They also have a son Oliver who never stops moving. The girls keep her busy with volleyball and soccer. In her free time, she enjoys gardening, spending time with family and friends, golfing, and relaxing on Torch Lake.
Carlee - Dental Hygienist
Carlee graduated from Dental Hygiene school in 2009 from Ferris State University. She joined our practice in 2017. She thoroughly enjoys
getting to know her patients and keeping up with the latest in dental trends! She joins our team after practicing 1 year in Alaska and 7 years in Chicago.
Carlee and her husband Nick are thrilled to have welcomed their son Carter to the family in January 2018. When she is not at work, you will likely find her spending time with her family and westie pups Mosbey and Charlee or traveling. Carlee loves to sing, read and enjoy a glass of wine with good company!
Cherylann - Dental Assistant
Cherylann joined our office in January 2018. As a former Dental Hygienist, She is thrilled to be back in the dental office after 20 years
in sales and business coaching. She resides in Saline with her husband Steve and two kids in college. She loves long walks in the woods,
gardening, learning to play the guitar and is most passionate about making a difference in people’s lives.
Paula - Front Desk Assistant
Paula is happily married with two adult children. She is from Saline and has been in the dental field for over twenty years. She loves the outdoors, hiking, kayaking, and spending time with the family.
- Welcome! New Dental Assistant, Alexis, and Cherylann
- Welcome! New Dental Hygienist Carlee!